Custom Art Nouveau Double Doors: With Fine Art Hand Forged Ironwork – HRD997
Fine Art Design By Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick, Inspired By The Work Of 19th Century French Architect Jules Lavirotte
Handmade By Master Craftsmen Using Historically Correct Techniques And Materials
Custom Art Nouveau Double Doors: With Fine Art Hand Forged Ironwork
Jules Lavirotte was an architect in the early 20th century who was known for his flamboyant Art Nouveau building style. He received his degree in architecture from the Ecole nationale superieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris, the most prestigious art school in France, and has several famous buildings in the 7th arrondissement of Paris that demonstrate some of the best of his work. H.J. Nick has adapted one of Lavirotte's famous doors from his building at 3 Square Rapp and created this full arch double door. Lavirotte was known for his whimsical and ornate ironwork and H.J. Nick has kept that feeling and flow with the swirling ironwork in the glass panels.
It is difficult to create a beautiful door from a historical original while keeping the intent of the original artist, yet H.J. Nick has achieved that with this door. The door panels are hand carved by our master carvers and our master blacksmiths used great finesse with the hand-forged ironwork. The door itself is not only beautiful, but it is also secure, made from 4" thick solid wood with thick thermal glass windows that are protected by the wrought iron grills. One more thing Jules Lavirotte was known for was for placing his signature prominently on each building he was responsible for. H.J. Nick does the same, though he hides his signature from obvious view to let the beauty of the artwork shine through. So you can feel secure when you order from ArtFactory.com that you are getting a signed piece of functional artwork that will last forever.
Custom Art Nouveau Double Doors Inspired By Architect Jules Lavirotte
Working in conjunction with the customer's contractor and the customer's iron design directions, we have created this Art Nouveau custom door. As shown, this 19th-century inspired custom door design, created by H.J. Nick and the master craftsmen at ArtFactory.com, was built in original craft, not a reproduction using 4-inch thick, solid wood. This custom made wood door features a thick thermal insulated tempered glass window. The hand carved door panels continue the custom window grill artwork designs for one continuous flow of artfully crafted designed entrance door.
The hand forged and hammered iron is used for the scroll work on the secure window grill, and custom door handles. The hardware is hand patina finished with bronze color to match the 10-process hand rubbed wood stain. View the photo gallery to admire the master woodworker's hand carved work. This custom made wood door is available in any style, finish, and size - we can match any historic door design. We build double doors any style and size to fit your residential or commercial project. Call to discuss ideas and plans for your custom door project 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Art Nouveau Double Doors Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost