Craftsman Gamble House Door: An H.J. Nick Design Inspired By Greene & Greene – 8430AC
Built From All Natural Materials Including Solid, Full Length Timber With Hand Forged Wrought Iron Hardware
Fine Art Quality Custom Entrances With Genuine Hand Cut, Kiln Fired Stained Glass
This beautiful, custom stained glass craftsman Gamble House door is renowned artist H.J. Nick's modern interpretation of Greene & Greene's entrance door from The Gamble House in Pasadena, California. Built in original hand and craft, this is a unique, original work of art built by the hands of master craftsmen to stand the test of time. In other words, this is not a reproduction quality knock off that has been mass produced or built with substandard materials. It is a fine art quality door built with the same materials, and to the same quality standards that Greene & Greene would have used over a century ago.
To be more specific, this craftsman Gamble House door is built with solid, full length, naturally air cured American timber. Like all of our wood products, it is hand hewn with mortise and tenon joinery for construction you can count on. Furthermore, all of the custom door hardware is hand forged from solid wrought iron by classically trained blacksmiths. The stained glass is hand cut, and kiln fired by master artists. Finally, the wood is finished using a multi-step hand rubbed process that blends the finish into the grain of the wood. Put all of this together, and you have a fine art quality entrance door that is built to stand the test of time. Handmade in the USA by master craftsmen since 1913. Call ArtFactory.com for a custom quote today at 1-800-292-0008.
Greene & Greene And The Gamble House Historical Information
The architectural firm of Greene and Greene was established in Pasadena in January 1894, eventually culminating with the designs of their "ultimate bungalows", such as the 1908 Gamble House in Pasadena, generally considered one of the finest examples of residential architecture in the United States.
Two other landmark ultimate bungalows were the Robert R. Blacker House in Pasadena and the Thorsen House. Such ultimate bungalows were completely custom affairs, where the vast majority of elements—light fixtures, furniture, even woven textiles—were created for specific spaces in the home.
More About The Signature Greene & Greene Style
The structure of the Greene & Greene house is essential not only to the immense feeling of security that such an overly-supported structure brings, but also accentuates the importance of the Arts & Crafts fundamentals in the Greene & Greene style. The visual importance of the aesthetic nature of the joints, pegs, and complex wood-work symbolizes the structure of the house, and coincides with the principles taught in the Manual Training School of their youth. The structure of the house is externalized, or exploded, rather than hidden in decoration. Each element of the structure asserts itself. This extravagance of support takes its origins from the elaborate joinery and framing of traditional Japanese architecture.
Read More At: Greene & Greene On Wikipedia
Craftsman Gamble House Door Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your handcrafted wood doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Built Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost