Arched Grand Entrance Doors: With Sidelights And Scroll Ironwork – 7017GP
Fine Art Decorative Ironwork Is Hand Hammered Over A Coal Fired Forge By Our Master Blacksmiths
Made In The USA From All Natural Materials, Built To Stand The Test Of Time Since 1913
Arched Grand Entrance Doors: With Sidelights And Scroll Ironwork
Though the doors in Broughton Castle are fairly simple, our inspiration for these arched grand entrance doors came from the intricate plaster ceilings and paneling of the interior of the castle. Transforming something simple into something exquisite is one of the trademarks of renowned artist and designer H.J. Nick. These custom made doors are a basic design, full arch double door, with a full surround with a keystone. Starting with the beautiful wrought iron and clavos work on the door panels and through each of the surround panels elevate these doors to the next level.
The wrought iron is hand forged by our master blacksmiths, anvil hammered and patina finished to each customers specifications. The full surround is 1" thick thermal glass, and is reinforced with decorative, fine art, ironwork. The keystone can be solid, as shown, or can be hand carved wood, or glass and iron, the choice is up to you. Decorative clavos are used to outline the doors and to separate the panels on each of the doors. The overall grandeur of the arched grand entrance doors is completed with a pair of hand forged ball and twist door pulls. The term "Grand Entrance" doesn't even begin to describe the impression these beautiful custom made double doors will have on your guests.
Historical Inspiration: Broughton Castle, England
Broughton Castle is a medieval manor house located in the village of Broughton which is about two miles south-west of Banbury, Oxfordshire, England. It was built as a manor house by Sir John de Broughton in 1300 at a location where the confluence of three streams created a natural site for a moated manor. The house was sold in 1377 to William of Wykeham, Bishop of Winchester.
The original house was crenellated by Sir Thomas Wykeham in 1406. In 1451 it passed by inheritance to the Fiennes family (Barons Saye and Sele). Beginning in 1550 Richard Fiennes transformed the medieval manor into a house in the Tudor style. In the 17th century William Fiennes, 1st Viscount Saye and Sele was one of the leading activists against Charles I. He raised troops to fight against the king at the inconclusive Battle of Edgehill in 1642. Royalist troops later besieged the castle, overcoming the defenders and occupying the castle for a time.
Read More At: Broughton Castle on Wikipedia
Arched Grand Entrance Doors Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your handcrafted wood doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Built Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost