Wrought Iron And Wood Doors Inspired By An 18th Century Baroque Castle
Karlova Koruna castle in Chlumec nad Cidlinou in the Czech Republic was built for František Ferdinand Kinský between 1721 and 1723, and was built upon the original town stronghold that dated back to the 15th century. Kinský hired two of the best Baroque architects of the time, Jan Blažej Santini Aichel and Františ Maxmiliá Kaňka, to build this new castle. Completed in time for the coronation of Emperor Charles VI King of Bohemia, František invited the King to the castle and named it after him - In English, Karlova Koruna means Charles' crown.
Jan Blažej Santini Aichel was known for his Baroque Gothic style of architecture and František Macmilián Kaňka was known for reconstruction of palaces and castle for noblemen, mainly in the Baroque style. The combination of these two well-known and accomplished men created a beautiful Baroque building. A main tenant of the Baroque style was portraying movement and that is accomplished in their windows and doors, and in this door, with the use of wrought iron grills over glass. This door has four separate grills covering each of the four glass panels and each grill is hinged to provide easy access to the glass for cleaning. The use of the arch and the wrought iron styling created a glow to the door that speaks of elegance and taste. Once the hand forged door pulls are added, a graceful and intricate door will greet your guests. With our master craftsmen, ArtFactory.com can create a stunning entrance for your home in any style you choose.
Baroque Styled Doors Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost