Silverton Train Hand Carved Window: Custom Fine Art Wood Carvings
Hand Carved Structural Window Solid Northern White Cedar - Exotic Natural Core Wood - Very Light Distress.
As Shown: Structural Window Slab And Frame Only, Ready For Carving, 48"T X 72"W X 3"D (structure) 8"D (sill depth). Solid, exotic cedar window frame with sill, hand hewn, doweled, and tenon joined with a steel reinforced core.
As Shown: Hand Carved, Eyebrow Arch Top, Train Window, Structural Window Jamb Color: Dark Walnut, Outdoor Oil (both sides) - Solid Northern White Cedar - Very Light Distress - 86"T X 78"W X 6"D (structure) 12"D (sill depth). Features: Open horizon design with hand carved steam engine and winter tree spanning across three panes of glass. The smoke is hand etched on 3/4" thick, thermal UV rated glass. (Blue back ground is the sky reflection on clear glass.) Hand carved windows may be designed with scenic panels on both sides, or with a single side carved panel for the budget minded. Prepared to accept 1/4" thick up to 1" thick thermal glass depending upon your glass choice. These window jambs are ideal for log homes or post and beam construction and allow logs or beams to shrink while staying straight and plumb. You may order jambs any depth to accommodate your log size. They are also ideal for conventional wood frame homes and masonry construction as well.
Glass As Shown: 3/4" - 1" Thick Thermal Insulated And Tempered Clear Glass Panel. All glass panels are also available argon gas filled, low E, or laminated for hurricane codes. Please note that at altitudes of 4500 feet or higher that breathing tubes are required and to specify your altitude with your representative. We offer all types and thickness of glass and samples of the decorative glasses are available.
Silverton Train Hand Carved Window Historical Inspiration
The Denver & Rio Grande Railway arrived in Durango on August 5, 1881 and construction on the line to Silverton began in the fall of the same year. By July of 1882 the tracks to Silverton were completed and the train began transporting both freight and passengers. The line was originally constructed to haul silver and gold ore from the San Juan Mountains, but passengers soon realized that it was the view that was truly precious. The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad will have been in continuous operation for 127 years in 2008.
Silverton Train Hand Carved Window Inspiration
The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad (D&SNG) is a 3 ft (914 mm) narrow-gauge heritage railroad that operates 45.2 miles (72.7 km) of track between Durango and Silverton, in the U.S. state of Colorado. The railway is a federally designated National Historic Landmark and is also designated by the American Society of Civil Engineers as a Historic Civil Engineering Landmark.
The route was originally opened in 1882 by the Denver & Rio Grande Railway (D&RG) to transport silver and gold ore mined from the San Juan Mountains. The line was an extension of the D&RG 3 ft (914 mm) narrow-gauge line from Antonito, Colorado, to Durango.
Read More At: Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad
Silverton Train Hand Carved Window Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Custom Windows Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost
There are no reviews yet.