Greene & Greene Inspired Doors: Craftsman Style Double Doors – 3162AC
Custom Doors Built In Original Hand And Craft With All Natural Materials
Handcrafted In The USA Since 1913 From Solid, Natural Wood, Hand Forged Wrought Iron, And Energy Efficient Dual Pane Glass
Greene & Greene Inspired Doors: Craftsman Style Double Doors
These Greene & Greene inspired doors are renowned artist H.J. Nick's modern interpretation of Charles and Henry Greene's doors from The Gamble House in Pasadena, California. Built in original hand and craft, these unique, original doors are built by the hands of master craftsmen, and certified with the H.J. Nick seal. This ensures that your custom entrance doors are of fine art, investment quality with future antiquity value. In other words, this is not a reproduction quality knock off that has been mass produced or built with substandard materials. It is a fine art quality door built with the same materials, and to the same quality standards that Greene & Greene would have used over a century ago.
To be more specific, these Greene & Greene inspired doors are built with solid, full length, naturally air cured, American timber. Like all of our wood products, it is hand hewn with mortise and tenon joinery for construction you can count on. Furthermore, all of the custom door hardware is hand forged from solid wrought iron by classically trained blacksmiths. The glass panels are thick, energy efficient, dual pane glass that provides maximum security. Finally, the wood is finished using a multi-step hand rubbed process that blends the finish into the grain of the wood. Put all of this together, and you have a fine art quality entrance door that is built to stand the test of time. Handmade in the USA by master craftsmen since 1913. Call ArtFactory.com for a custom quote today at 1-800-292-0008.
Greene & Greene Inspired Doors Historical Origin And Design Inspiration
The Gamble House is located on a grassy knoll on a Pasadena arroyo. Because of the Gambles attraction to the environment, Greene designed the house to compliment the rustic setting. The house's design reflected the Gambles' love of nature as flowers and trees were brought to the interior—creating pictures in wood, metal, art glass, and semi-precious stone. The building itself appears as if growing from the landscape, achieved by a blend of man-made and natural materials such as vines covering the house from the ground up.
One major influence for the site of the Gamble House was to be distant from many other houses nearby. Additionally, the Gamble House acts as opposition to the Victorian Style of the Fenyes House located across the street. Considering that many Greene & Greene projects have been disrupted and stripped of their original content, this house has been well maintained through its exterior and interior. As a result, the original intent of architecture Greene & Greene is maintained through this project.
Read MoreAt: The Gamble House On Wikipedia
Greene & Greene Inspired Doors
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost