Iron Door Handles and Hardware
This custom wrought iron door handle and lock back plate feature an exaggerated spade motif design with a whimsical flair. Created by the hands of our American master blacksmiths here at the ArtFactory.com, these creative door hardware items are made from solid, hand forged, anvil hammered wrought iron. The beautiful patina finish is done by hand using heat applied to iron oxides for a virtually maintenance free finish.
Create a lasting first impression by ordering your door hardware, custom designed and handmade just for your home or office, by our master craftsman using the highest quality materials. Contact our design engineers today to discuss your door handle designs and project at 1-800-292-0008.
Built the old fashioned way
“when everything made in America was built to last forever”
and craftsmen were proud to sign their work.
Door Pulls, Handles and Hardware Options
- Size – any size, shape, theme
- Style – metals, design, hand carvings, etchings, decorative accents
- Finishes – over 400 colors of hand applied stains and finishes
- Learn more about our custom door hardware
Designer Door Hardware by ArtFactory.com
Custom hardware from ArtFactory.com is blacksmith forged, anvil hammered, and patina finished to perfection in order to become a true, heirloom investment quality, artwork. Backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship, each of our creations are Guaranteed Forever, no questions asked. We use only solid iron that has been hand shaped by our master craftsmen. Nothing is mass produced or drop forged, and we never use paint – only patina finishes that are applied at over 1000 degrees to become a permanent part of the metal that will never fade, chip, or crack. Choose from our many popular hardware designs, or provide us with your own concept or drawing and have our experts design a personalized fine art door hardware piece at no extra charge. At ArtFactory.com, your vision is our masterpiece.
Custom Door Handles features:
- American hand made solid metal door hardware
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom door handles and knockers
- Solid hand forged metalwork hardware – no hollow iron or fake castings
- Available in any metals types, stain and patina finishes
- Built in the original craft – not reproduction
- Order any size or style door hardware custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Request original art or limited edition custom designed hardware
- All custom hardware for doors are guaranteed forever – backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com, a custom hardware, gate, door, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world’s finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that makes a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended.
Door Handle Design Inspiration and Historical Influence
A spade is one of the primary suits of a standard French 52-card deck of playing cards. Playing cards had been used in Europe in the 14th century, but the French deck of cards where using the suits of Hearts, Clubs, Diamonds, and Spades were first used in the 15th century when mass production by woodcuts became available. The spade resembles a leaf or an upside-down heart with an exaggerated tip and flat base, with the most popular of all cards, the Ace of Spades. The spade has been used throughout history as a design motif and commonly found on gate and door hardware.