Greene & Greene Gamble House Door – Arts and Crafts Door Circa 1908 – 3160AC
Virtually Maintenance Free
Hand Forged Wrought Iron
We Build Doors Any Size
Shown – Fine Art Entrance Door – 3″ – 4″ Thick
Solid American Cedar Cypress
Naturally Air Dried(Not Kiln Force Dried)
We Still Build The Original Greene & Greene Gamble House Doors
In The Same Hand And Materials In America 1913
Greene & Greene Gamble House Door - Hand Crafted Glass Work - Better Improved From Our Build in 1900 - Fine Art Entrance Door - 3"- 4" thick - Complicated Joinery - Castle Doors Are The Original Security Doors - Built To Twice Hurricane Code World Wide - Virtually Maintenance Free - Hand Forged Wrought Iron - We Build Doors Any Size - Shown - Fine Art Entrance Door - 3" - 4" Thick - Historic Design - Solid American Cedar Cypress (Not Kiln Force Dried) (renewable resource timber) -
Original Craft, Not Reproduction Made In The Same Hand And Materials As The Original
Designed From The Historic Record
Hand Hewn, Mortise And Tenon Joined (means master hand crafted - not fast process glue up and press)
Greene & Greene Gamble House Door
Gamble House (Pasadena, California)
The Gamble House, also known as David B. Gamble House, is a National Historic Landmark, a California Historical Landmark, and museum at 4 Westmoreland Place in Pasadena, California, USA.
In 1908 Charles Sumner Greene and Henry Mather Greene(brothers) of the architectural firm Greene and Greene designed and constructed it as a home for David B. Gamble of the Procter & Gamble co.
One major feature of the Gamble House was to be distant from many other houses nearby. Therefor it is also architecturally distinct to the Victorian style of nearby buildings such as the Fenyes House.
David and Mary Gamble lived in the house during the winter months until their deaths in 1923 and 1929, respectively. Mary's younger sister Julia lived in the house until her death in 1943. Cecil Huggins Gamble and his wife Louise Gibbs Gamble lived in the house beginning in 1946 and briefly considered selling it until prospective buyers spoke of painting the interior teak and mahogany woodwork white. In 1966, the Gamble family turned the house over to the city of Pasadena in a joint agreement with the University of Southern California School of Architecture. The Gamble House was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1977. Today, two 5th year USC architecture students live in the house full-time; the selected students change annually.
Featured as the home of Dr. Emmett Brown in the Back to the Future trilogy.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Greene & Greene Gamble House Door
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com, a custom wood doors, wrought iron gate, and handmade furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a Big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our craftsmanship ensures your custom wood door and furnishings will stand the test of time, and all handcrafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Call us to discuss your handcrafted wood doors design ideas 1-800-292-0008.
Custom Built Doors - Learn more about our Custom Door Manufacturing process.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost