Custom Fortress Style Door: Medieval Style Hardware And Sidelights – 9014RP
All Of Our Castle And Fortress Door Designs Are Built To Historically Correct Specifications Using Old World Tools, Techniques, And Materials
Fine Art Quality Custom Entrances By Award Winning Artist H.J. Nick
Custom Fortress Style Door: Medieval Style Hardware And Sidelights
The custom fortress style door from ArtFactory.com is built from thick, solid wood and constructed with mortise and tenon joinery. The sidelight panels are built with energy efficient, dual pane glass panels. Like all of our pre-hung doors, it includes hand forged iron hardware. This includes custom door pulls, decorative security grills, and iron clavos. We build unique custom designer doors in all styles for both interior and exterior use. Custom castle doors are the original security doors. We use only air dried timber, not kiln force dried. This makes for a structural soundness that is superior to any other doors on the market today. All of our doors are built to exceed hurricane codes worldwide, and virtually maintenance free.
Our historically inspired door designs are built in original craft. These are not reproductions, but are original, fine art quality designs by award winning artist H.J. Nick. Each door made using the same techniques and materials as the original doors from history. That means that all historically inspired designs are built from the historic record to ensure that it is to historically correct specifications. Structural frames and door jamb are built with genuine solid wood. All species of wood are available. The master craftsmanship at ArtFactory.com ensures your designer wood door will last for generations and is guaranteed forever. Our guarantee is backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship since 1913. Call us today at 1-800-292-0008 for pricing on the custom fortress style door, or any of our other custom wooden doors.
Custom Fortress Style Door Historical Origin and Design Inspiration
Kasteel van Arenberg is a château in Heverlee close to Leuven in Belgium surrounded by a park. The site had been the castle of the lords of Heverlee since the 12th century, but this family became impoverished and had to sell the site in 1445 to the Croÿ family from Picardy. Antoon van Croy demolished the medieval castle and started works to build the current château in 1455 on the site, of which he destroyed all but one tower. Willem van Croy completed the works on the chateau in 1515, and founded a monastery on the chateau grounds for the Benedictine Celestines. The architectural style is in large part traditionally Flemish, with sandstone window frames and brick walls, though it has been structurally altered since 1515 and has elements of Gothic, Renaissance and Neo Gothic architecture. Its large corner towers are typical, once surmounted by a German eagle.
Charles III of Croy was the 4th and last duke, and after his death in 1612 without issue the château passed to the Arenberg family into which his sister had married, and remained in that family until the First World War.
Read More At: Kasteel Van Arenberg on Wikipedia
Custom Fortress Style Door Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost