Let Us Design Your One Of A Kind Custom Made Double Doors
Handcrafted from solid wood , using mortise, tenon joinery construction and handmade by our master craftsmen with a true talent of artistry for beautiful, unique and superior entrances for your residential or commercial property. Our custom doors are handcrafted using hand hewn peg and dowel structure to ensure your custom entrance double doors will last for forever. All of our custom made doors are finished with a 10-step hand rubbed process that is virtually maintenance free. Including iron clavos as embellishments and twisted door pull hardware, see HH588, available in a variety of styles and finishes, we only custom hand build to your specifications. Employing old world techniques, our blacksmiths hand forge solid wrought iron, anvil hammer, and patina finish, which guarantees our custom hardware to never corrode or erode.
Gaining Security With Your Handmade Door Without Sacrificing Luxury
Always keeping security in mind, without losing luxury H.J Nick not only designs each custom piece to twice the hurricane code, any glass incorporated in our custom made doors are 1? thermal glass and UV rated. We only use the strongest glass for our customers. The beautiful wrought iron grill decorates the transom window and completes the look of this fine art design, by H.J Nick.
Historical Origin And Design Inspiration
The royal Chateau at Amboise is a chateau located in Amboise, in the Indre-et-Loire d?partement of the Loire Valley in France. Built on a promontory overlooking the Loire River to control a strategic ford that was replaced in the Middle Ages by a bridge, the chateau began its life in the eleventh century, when the notorious Fulk Nerra, Count of Anjou, rebuilt the stronghold in stone. Expanded and improved over time, on 4 September 1434 it was seized by Charles VII of France, after its owner, Louis d'Amboise, was convicted of plotting against Louis XI and executed in 1431. Once in royal hands, the chateau became a favourite of French kings; Charles VIII decided to rebuild it extensively, beginning in 1492 at first in the French late Gothic Flamboyant style and then after 1495 employing two Italian mason-builders, Domenico da Cortona and Fra Giocondo, who provided at Amboise some of the first Renaissance decorative motifs seen in French architecture. The names of three French builders are preserved in the documents: Colin Biart, Guillaume Senault and Louis Armangeart.
King Francis I was raised at Amboise, which belonged to his mother, Louise of Savoy, and during the first few years of his reign the chateau reached the pinnacle of its glory. As a guest of the King, Leonardo da Vinci came to Chateau Amboise in December 1515 and lived and worked in the nearby Clos Luc?, connected to the chateau by an underground passage. Tourists are told that he is buried in the Chapel of Saint-Hubert, adjoining the Chateau, which had been built in 1491"96. Henry II and his wife, Catherine de' Medici, raised their children in Chateau Amboise along with Mary Stuart, the child Queen of Scotland who had been promised in marriage to the future French Francis II.
Custom Entry Double Doors Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost