Custom Doors Castle Inspired Designs
Fine art entrance door inspired by a genuine 13th century castle security doors. This 5-inch thick solid wood custom door is built in original craft from the historic record, using the same hand and materials as the original - not a mass produced reproduction. We design from the historic design, hand crafted in American by our master millworkers. As shown, this custom door was built from solid American cedar cypress wood - a renewable resource - air dried, using mortise and tenon joint construction, with a hand rubbed 10-process fine art finish to ensure the beauty of this custom wood door.
This door was the inspiration for this entrance Door with Bat Insignia 5009RPB
Design & Texture on Custom Doors
The texture on this door is created by hand chiseling, or "scooping" the wood. You may choose from several textures to add character to your door including rough sawn, hand planed, hand gouged, raised grain, and smooth sanded. The possibilities are limited only by your imagination. We are dedicated to creating the finest quality artwork available anywhere. Our artisan blacksmiths and wood carvers are the finest in the world, and strive to transform your creative vision into a reality. Let us design your custom door with any design or artwork at no extra cost!
Custom Entry Doors
Designs By H. J. Nick and ArtFactory.com, a handmade in America custom Door, Gate, and Furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona have been designing and building fine art furniture for some of the world's finest interior designers with ordinary clients as well as more prominent and successful individuals, C.E.O.s, leaders, royalty, and celebrities for over 100 years. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a BIG WOW factor and elegance. They all want investment value and furnishings that makes a proper statement reflecting their personality or the personality of the environment for which it is intended.
Custom Wood Door - Historical Origin and Design Inspiration
Bran Castle (Romanian: Castelul Bran, German: Törzburg; Hungarian: Törcsvár), situated near Bran and in the immediate vicinity of Braşov, is a national monument and landmark in Romania. The fortress is situated on the border between Transylvania and Wallachia, on Highway 73. Commonly known as "Dracula's Castle", it is marketed as the home of the titular character in Bram Stoker's Dracula. 1212 the Teutonic Knights built the wooden castle of Dietrichstein as a fortified position in the Burzenland at the entrance to a mountain valley through which traders had traveled for more than a millennium, although it was destroyed in 1242 by the Mongols. The first documented mentioning of Bran Castle is the act issued by Louis I of Hungary on November 19, 1377, giving the Saxons of Kronstadt (Braşov) the privilege to build the stone citadel; the settlement of Bran began to develop nearby. The castle was first used in 1378 in defense against the Ottoman Empire, and later became a customs post on the mountain pass between Transylvania and Wallachia. The castle briefly belonged to Mircea the Elder of Wallachia. While Vlad Ţepeş did not actually live in the Bran Castle, it is believed he spent two days locked in the dungeon while the Ottomans controlled Transylvania.
Custom Wooden Entry Door Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost