Mechanical Door Sweep: Heavy Duty Adjustable Pressure – MDS1000
Mechanical Door Sweep Shown Here In The Up “Door Open” Position
This Photo Shows The Pressure Adjustable Bar Screw End
Mechanical Door Sweep: Heavy Duty Adjustable Pressure
Shown here is a mechanical door sweep on a 4 inch thick door edge, in the up "Door Open" position. This photo shows the pressure adjustable bar screw end. Turning this screw, right or left, will allow you to set the amount of seal pressure that gets applied to your threshold when your door is in the closed position.
Simply turn screw right to extend or lengthen the rod end to allow this rod to hit the striker plate installed on the inside jamb. This pressure allows for a perfect seal to your threshold every time ensuring no unwanted pests or elements enter from under your door seal.
ArtFactory.com uses this special, heavy duty adjustable pressure mechanical door sweep. It is produced by one of the world's top manufacturers, specifically for our solid wood doors. These sweeps are built with the ability to fit doors that are between 3" and 12" thick. These mechanical door sweeps replace the old fashioned, and obsolete rubber drag sweep. An added benefit is it leaves your rug in place when opening and closing your new custom door.
Additional Mechanical Door Sweep Info
Shown in the drawing below the mechanical door sweep in the down "Door Closed" position. When the door is closed, using pressure this mechanism pushes the rubber seal down to meet your fixed threshold to form a tight seal. The old rubber drag sweeps that squeeze under your door, bend and warps over time, and no longer provide a complete seal. The special mechanical door sweep used on our custom doors ensures a perfect seal every time. The illustration below shows how the mechanical door sweeps and threshold form seal.
This door hardware should not be confused with ordinary hardware found on most production or semi-custom doors. The hardware provided by ArtFactory.com has been specifically chosen to accommodate our ultimate custom doors and gates. Contact us with any questions about hardware for your custom door or gate, call 1-800-292-0008.
Mechanical Door Sweep Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Door Hardware Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Door Hardware - At No Extra Cost