Hand Carved Man Cave Door: The Famous Great Race Of 1914 – 3236HC
A One-Of-A-Kind Hand Carved Door To Immortalize The Great Race Between Oldfield Beachey And Johns At The 1914 Arizona State Fair
Carved By The Hands Of One Master Carver With Positive And Negative Reliefs And A Level Of Detail That Cannot Be Achieved By Any Machine
Hand Carved Man Cave Door: The Famous Great Race Of 1914
This hand carved man cave door displaying the "Great Race" from 1914 really demonstrates the phrase "boys and their toys." Can there be a better door for a man cave than one that displays the early days of planes, motorcycles, and automobiles? Inspired by a painting, "The Need For Speed" by David Uhl, our designers and master carvers created this door imagining Jake DeRosier watching the historic race between Barney Oldfield (car), Lincoln Beachey (plane), and Don Johns (motorcycle). The heavy carving creates a lot of depth in the design and the colored finishes make the door pop.
Our carvers captured an event as a frozen moment in time and made sure to add the little details that make a door like this special. Each individual link is carved out for the chain on the Indian motorcycle, the individual supports for the plane wings are precise, and even the bolts on the plane engine are carved. Our master craftsmen, then finished this door with a variety of colored finishes, bringing more life to an already exciting carving. Is there a moment in history that you would like to have immortalized in your home? Share your ideas with our designers and we will be happy to help you create your own piece of history.
Order A Hand Carved Man Cave Door To Commemorate Any Event
This hand carved historic door of the "Great Race" features Barney Oldfield, Lincoln Beachey, and Don Johns in their race for the "Fastest Man on Earth" while legendary Indian motorcycle rider Jake DeRosier looks on. The race was organized to bring together these three great men for a showstopping, winner-takes-all event at the 1914 Arizona State Fair.
Barney Oldfield began his career at age 16 in 1894 racing bicycles, but after racing a gas-powered bicycle in 1902 and meeting automobile maker Henry Ford, he began racing cars. At the time of this race, he had literally just blown into Phoenix in his Fiat racer by winning the Cactus Derby, a race from Los Angeles to Phoenix. With that win, he was declared the "Champion Driver of the World". He also held the speed record for the Phoenix track and was so convinced he couldn't be beaten by a motorcycle or plane, that he made two wagers with a friend: that his record wouldn't be beaten, and if Beachey or Johns did beat his record, he would beat theirs.
Lincoln Beachey was an American aviator pioneer and barnstormer. Beachey became an aviation superstar in 1911 when he flew his Curtiss D biplane over Niagara Falls and then broke the world's record for altitude later that same year. He was the first aviator in the US to loop an airplane and did many exhibitions each year. When he agreed to do this race, he was already very familiar with Barney Oldfield as they often raced each other in exhibitions.
Hand Carved Man Cave Door Historical Inspiration
Don Johns was an American motorcycle racer who began riding at a young age and he learned to race from Indian's legendary rider Jake DeRosier. Johns turned expert in 1912 and won the Western Championships riding a factory Excelsior. In 1914 Cyclone hired Johns to ride their bright yellow racer, which he rode to beat out Beachey, and Oldfield in this one lap dirt track race in Phoenix for $1000. He also beat Oldfield's record time by two seconds.
We build doors hand carved with custom designs in any size and theme from solid wood carved by the hands of our American craftsmen. Order your handcrafted solid wood door made from the hands of our master woodworkers, hand carved in any design or style, from American, air dried, solid full length wood. Our master blacksmiths can hand tool custom door hardware and accents to match your custom door using solid hand forged wrought iron. Request your custom hand carved door designed and built in the USA from master craftsmen at ArtFactory.com. Call us at 1-800-292-0008 for pricing on a hand carved man cave door in any design you can dream of.
Hand Carved Man Cave Door Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost