Tiffany Style Lamp | Stained Glass Dragonfly Table Lamp – TDL89
Tiffany Style Dragonfly Table Lamp
Custom stained glass lamp, inspired by Louis Comfort Tiffany, and designed by H.J. Nick. Hand crafted by master artisan using the same techniques and quality of craftsmanship made famous by Tiffany over a century ago.
Tiffany Style Lamp | Stained Glass Dragonfly Table Lamp
A Tiffany lamp is a type of lamp with a glass shade made with glass designed by Louis Comfort Tiffany and his design studio. The most famous was the stained leaded glasslamp. Tiffany lamps are considered part of the Art Nouveau movement.
Due to Tiffany's dominant influence on the style, the term 'Tiffany lamp' or 'Tiffany style lamp' has been often used to refer to stained leaded glass lamps even those not made by Louis Comfort Tiffany's company.
The first Tiffany lamp was created around 1895. Each lamp was handmade by skilled craftsmen, not mass- or machine-produced. Its designer was not, as had been thought for over 100 years, Louis Comfort Tiffany, but a previously unrecognized artist named Clara Driscoll who was identified in 2007 by Rutgers professor Martin Eidelberg as being the master designer behind the most creative and valuable leaded glass lamps produced by Tiffany Studios.
Read More At: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiffany_lamp
- Built For You Using Original Craft
- Not Reproduction Made In The Same Hand And Materials As The Original Or Better.
- Designed From The Historic Record
- Hand Crafted To World Class Fine Art Collector Standards To Investment Quality.
- Built The Old Fashioned Way “When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever” And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
- Master Craftsmanship That Insures Your Furnishing Will Stand The Test Of Time.
- A True Family Heirloom And Valuable Antiquity.
- Built And Finished To World Class Antique Collectors Standards.
- All Iron Is Coal Fired, Hammered By Master Blacksmiths The Old Fashioned Way And Patina Finished.
- Our master blacksmiths have been classically trained, and utilize old world techniques such as coal firing, anvil hammering, and hand forging to create the finest, handcrafted, art.
- No Drop Forged Casted Copies.
- Various Colors Of Hand Applied Iron Oxide Patinas.
- Our beautiful patina finishes are hand applied using a special patented process where oxides are bonded into the metal at over 1000 degrees. This permanent finish beautifies with age. S.A.F. does not paint or faux finish any of our iron creations. Paint fades, chips and cracks over time and patinas last forever.
- No Paint Or Powder Coated Finishes
- Each Item Is Finished To Be Virtually Maintenance Free To Age With Grace.
Reading Public Museum - "Tiffany Lamps" - Gallery Video
In-gallery video for the exhibition, "Tiffany Lamps: Articles of Utility, Objects of Art," at the Reading Public Museum, Reading, PA - 10/9/10-1/23/11