Dragon Door Knocker: Hand Forged By Master Blacksmiths
From Ancient Cultures to Arthurian Legend and Beyond
The dragon is a mythological creature with independent roots in many different cultures including those in Australia, China, and Europe. Scholars believe the dragon in folklore came from real-life animals like the Nile Crocodile in the Mediterranean, the Goanna of Australia, and the Komodo Dragon of southeast Indonesia. Dinosaur fossils may have also contributed to the myth as ancient civilizations unearthed bones with unknown origins.
Though tales of winged beasts and snake-like monsters were prevalent for thousands of years, the poem Beowulf is the first recorded instance of a distinctive fire-breathing dragon and dragon slayer. After that, the dragon became a symbol of power in England, used in family crests and appearing extensively in Arthurian legend. In the stories of King Arthur, Arthur's last name is Pendragon ("Dragon's Head") and he is associated with a Red Dragon (a symbol for Briton) that continually fights against a White Dragon (a symbol for the invading Saxons).
Today, a dragon is viewed as a symbol of strength and nobility, as well as a guardian for wealth and prosperity.
Custom Door Knockers
Each Dragon Door Knocker Is Made from Scratch to Make Each Door Unique - Just Like Your Home
Our custom Dragon Door Knocker is unique, never from a cast, and can be customize any way you like. Bring strength and nobility to your home and welcome each guest with a unique piece of ancient mythology.
- King Arthur. (n.d.) Timeless Myths. Retrieved from http://www.timelessmyths.com/arthurian/arthur.html
- Radford, Benjamin. (2014, December 10) Are Dragons Real? Facts About Dragons. Live Science. Retrieved from http://www.livescience.com/25559-dragons.html
- Stromberg, Joseph. (2012, January 23) Where Did Dragons Come From? Smithsonian Magazine. Retrieved from http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/where-did-dragons-come-from-23969126/
Dragon Door Knocker Info
- American hand made solid iron door hardware
- Hand applied with heat and iron oxide patina finish on all wrought iron products
- Solid hand forged metalwork hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Available in any metals types, stain and patina finishes
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style hardware custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Request original art or limited edition custom designed hardware
- All custom hardware for doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Blacksmithing is not casting (also known as drop forging or hollow cold roll) or other fast, fake processes. Our fine art custom door pulls are created from labor intensive tried and tested techniques. Each custom pull is fired by coal and anvil hammered into shape by the hands of our master blacksmiths in our American factory in Scottsdale, Arizona, USA. All of our custom door handles are made from solid hand forged wrought iron with a natural patina (we never use faux paint or powder coating). Our custom door hardware will arrive to you virtually maintenance free.
Available in any size, style, and finish, our custom door pulls can be custom fabricated in any design you can dream up. Order from our online catalog of custom door hardware, send in your own drawings or photos, or speak with one of our talented design engineers to get started. We at ArtFactory.com will hand make one-of-a-kind custom door handles just for you.
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Door Hardware Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Door Hardware - At No Extra Cost