Medieval Style Round Dining Table: With Granite Inlaid Top – SPT495
Granite Inlaid Round Top Custom Solid Wood Dining Table
French, Medieval Style Knight of the Round Table Inspired Design Inspired By The Chateau de Hattonchatel
Medieval Style Round Dining Table: With Granite Inlaid Top
Medieval Style Knight of the Round Table Inspired Design. French Style Dining Table Influenced By The Chateau de Hattonchatel
The Chateau de Hattonchatel is a chateau in Vigneulles Hattonchatel in the Meuse department, France. The château was built during the 9th century by Hatto, Bishop of Verdun, whose name it bears, on a rocky promontory overlooking the Seine Valley. The settlement became the chief stronghold of the bishops and also the location of their mint until 1546. In 1636 the retreating Swedes besieged and burnt most of the town.
Lady Belle Skinner
The American Lady Belle Skinner from Holyoke, Massachusetts. After graduating from Vassar in 1887, Belle Skinner spent a year in France where she fell in love with the village of Hattonchatel because it reminded her of the idyllic Connecticut Valley near her home in Holyoke, Massachusetts.
"During the dark days of 1918, she saw it again, this time through field glasses from within the French lines. It was in the hands of the Germans. They had taken the village without resistance and had held it for four years. Miss Skinner declared to a French officer that this was to be her village to adopt. When he protested that there was nothing left but the hill, she replied with true American vision: 'Then I will rebuild what there is of it.'"
After the war, in 1919, she returned to Hattonchatel to make good on her promise. She spent a million dollars on the reconstruction - including a new water system, electricity, a model school house, and a town hall with a library and a cinema hall. "In recognition of her unselfish and well-directed efforts for the relief of suffering in France, the French Government bestowed upon Belle Skinner, in 1919, the Gold Medal of the Reconnaissance Francaise, and, in 1920, the Cross of the Lagion d'Honneur." (Source: wikipedia.org)
Medieval Style Round Dining Table Info
- American hand made wood furniture
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) natural wood
- Custom solid wood furniture, hand crafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood furnishings
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style furniture custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood, optional hand carvings, full grain leather and high quality fabrics where applicable
- All custom furniture is guaranteed forever and backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
- Size - any size or shape
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Finishes - over 400 colors of hand applied stains and finishes
- Hardware - hand crafted hardware, handles, latches, hinges, accents
- Learn more about our custom furniture
ArtFactory.com, is a custom furniture, door, and gate manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, featuring designs by H. J. Nick. We have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings all handcrafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that makes a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings is intended.
Custom Dining Room Furnishings Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Furniture - At No Extra Cost
There are no reviews yet.