Custom Doors With An Intricate Hand Carved Lion Design
We deigned this hand carved door for a family in Bucharest, Romania who wanted to replace their front and back doors. Even though we are half a world away in America, this customer chose us to create the perfect handcrafted work of art: a lion themed door that would stand out, yet would also fit in with the surrounding styles. The lion head and scroll work are intricately carved from solid wood, with beautiful hand forged wrought iron door handle, gives this custom door an elegance that a city once known as “Little Paris” deserves.
Bucharest is a city that has survived multiple rulers, alignments, natural disasters, and wars. The earliest written mention of the city was in 1459 in a document from Vlad Tepes III, better known as Vlad the Impaler. Because of the occupations in two world wars and then Communist rule after the Second World War, most of the historical architecture was destroyed. There has been a long period of rebuilding and restoration after the Romanian Revolution of 1989 and there are some beautiful buildings and artwork in Bucharest today. Scottsdale Art Factory is proud to contribute to the beauty of this historic European city.
Hand Carved European Style Wood Doors
The 4″ thick solid wood door features beautiful relief carvings in the door and custom door panels. This was inspired by 16th-century European royalty, was hand carved by our master craftsmen with lion and European motifs. The door handle was custom designed and hand forged from solid wrought iron by our master blacksmiths. The door handle features a hand hammered design to further enhance the Euro style custom entry door. All hardware and wood door finishes are hand rubbed by our craftsmen at Scottsdale Art Factory to protect the surface of these high quality materials, and to ensure a beautiful heirloom quality finish. Our custom wood doors include an adjustable roller style door latch closure, heavy duty hinges, a mechanical door sweep, and all weather seals.
Request a free consultation with one of our design engineers to discuss your entrance door requirements, and we can create a family heirloom quality hand-crafted custom doors. Call to discuss your wood door design ideas at 1-800-292-0008.
Customize Your Solid Wood Doors
- Size – any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style – wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Finishes – over 400 colors of hand applied stains and finishes
- Panels – windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass – stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware – hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Learn more about our custom wood doors
Custom Built Wood Doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried), cedar cypress
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted by hand hewn mortise and tenon joints
- Pre-hung structural 4″ thick door jamb with 1″ seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware – no hollow iron or fake castings
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Built in the original craft – not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, grills, and glass door fronts
- All custom interior and exterior doors are guaranteed forever – backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
At Scottsdale Art Factory we have been hand crafting wood doors, iron gates, custom furniture, designer lighting and fine art furnishings using only use the best quality materials and all American workforce of master craftsmen since 1913. Built the old fashioned way “when everything made in America was built to last forever” and craftsmen were proud to sign their work. All structural frames on our custom wood doors are build using solid, air dried, natural, full length timber – no veneers, laminates, or glued up scarf joints. Our craftsmanship ensures your solid wood custom door will stand the test of time, and all hand crafted doors and furnishings are Guaranteed Forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship. Call us to discuss your wood door designs and project at 1-800-292-0008.