Iron Detail Arched Top Doors
Full arched top door with insulated glass panel and hand sculpted iron inset. As shown: This pre-hung door – can be ordered in any size – created from high quality cedar cypress wood, solid structural full arch jamb with 1-inch rabbeted stop. This custom door is a full 3-inch thick, solid wood, full length timber with 1/2-inch thick insulated glass panels.
The hand forged, artisan created iron insert features a hinge and key lock for easy cleaning. Custom doors include an adjustable threshold, self-sealing sweep (raises and lowers automatically as you open and close the door), weather stripping, roller style latches, heavy duty adjustable tension hinges, and double cylinder dead bolt lock.
The wood door hardware shown features a anvil hammered and hand forged solid iron handle two 5/8-inch diameter spiral wrap design, 1/4-inch back plate, all patina finished in P-500 black. This door is hand stained in Walnut Semi Gloss (inside) and Custom Outdoor Oil (outside). This iron and wood door is available in any size, finish, and hardware design.
La Conciergerie is a former royal palace and prison in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally island of the city). It is part of the larger complex known as the Palais de Justice, which is still used for judicial purposes. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from La Conciergerie to be executed on the guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.
The west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was initially known as Le Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the seat of the medieval Kings of France. Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214-1270) and Philip IV (Philip the Fair) (1284-1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and more heavily fortified. Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle, built in the French royal style, was erected to house the crown of thorns brought back from the crusades, and to serve as a royal chapel.