Wood Entrance Doors
This custom door features a round portal window, inspired by the Asian moon gate, using energy efficient thermal glass. Hand crafted from 3-inch thick solid wood, our master wood workers use solid air dried, full length timber – not kiln forced dry, glued up scarf joints or veneers. Using the highest quality material available, our all American work force hand builds each door custom tailored to your design and size specifications. All door hardware is custom created by the hands of our master blacksmiths, and patina finished for a virtually maintenance free finish. We build handcrafted, custom, solid wood doors in any design style and finish. Get inspiration for your custom wood doors from our designs, from historic architectural designs, or from your imagination anything is possible when you order your entry door Scottsdale Art Factory call 1-800-292-0008.
Built the old fashioned way
“when everything made in America was built to last forever”
and craftsmen were proud to sign their work.
Designer Wood Doors Customization Options:
- Size – any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style – wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels – windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass – stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware – hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes – over 400 colors of hand applied stains and finishes
- Learn more about our handmade doors
Handcrafted Doors by Scottsdale Art Factory
Scottsdale Art Factory, a handcrafted door, gate, and custom furniture manufacturer based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and Designs by H.J. Nick, have been designing and building some of the world’s finest furnishings all hand crafted in America since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that makes a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended.
Wood and Glass Doors feature:
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3″ thick door jamb with 1″ seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware – no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft – not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever – backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Scottsdale Art Factory offers only the finest artistic doors and entrance gates. We create furniture quality signature art with no limitations on size, thickness, or finish. All pieces are professionally designed and handmade just for you by expect craftsmen, wood carvers, and metal smiths. All of our iron gates and solid cedar doors are “Guaranteed Forever,” no questions asked, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship. Our finishes are furniture quality and are designed for durability and lasting beauty. You may choose from over 400 stain colors, or we can computer match at no extra cost. All hardware is forged by hand and can by custom designed to suit your personal taste. Our products exemplify a true balance between art and technology, and are built to become true pieces of heirloom quality signature art that will last for generations.
Designer Door Historical Inspiration and Design Influence
This custom entrance door features a Moon Gate inspired portal window. The Moon Gate is an Asian architectural element found in Chinese gardens and features a circular opening within a garden wall to provide a passageway for pedestrians. Originally found in wealthy Chinese nobles gardens, the purpose of the circular moon gate is to serve as a very inviting entrance for the rich upper class members in China into their private gardens. In Western Cultures the Chinese Garden is often used as a way to display beauty and class. The Moon Gates have many different spiritual meanings, and were incorporated into Bermuda architecture in the late 19th century. In Bermuda its good luck for a newly wedded couple to step through the gate. The Bermuda Moon Gate differs only slightly from the Chinese version, as the Bermuda design is often attached to a low wall or left free-standing.