French Paned Arched Door Inspired By Canterbury Cathedral In England
A similar door seen at Canterbury Cathedral inspired this simple arched French pane door. In the year 597 the first church was built by Saint Augustine, the first Archbishop of Canterbury, on the site of today's Canterbury Cathedral. During the Saxon invasion it was rebuilt and enlarged and, following a fire that destroyed the building, the Normans rebuilt it again. Much of this construction still stands today. The most recent part of the cathedral, the Bell Harry Tower, was completed in 1510. Canterbury Cathedral has been a site for pilgrimages almost since its beginning.
Our master craftsmen securely fit the mullions with the door blade so the 1" thick glass will fit seamlessly. A simple hand forged wrought iron door pull completes the door nicely. With 1" thick glass and a 3" thick door blade, this door will keep out the elements while letting in the light. Bring a piece of century old history into your home by calling ArtFactory.com and ordering your door today.
Canterbury Cathedral Inspired Door Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost