Art Nouveau Wine Cellar Door: Inspired By Jules Lavirotte Design – HRD996
Original Art Nouveau Style Design By H.J.Nick, Inspired By Jules Lavirotte
Custom, Handcrafted Wine Cellar Door Built With Solid Wood, Hand Forged Iron, And Dual Pane Glass
Art Nouveau Wine Cellar Door: Inspired By Jules Lavirotte Design
This custom, Art Nouveau wine cellar door is inspired by Jules Lavirotte's famous door at 3 Square Rapp in Paris, France. This historically inspired door by ArtFactory.com is just one of the unlimited variety of door styles that we offer. (See Our Jules Lavirotte Inspired Entrance Door) Most importantly, all of our historically inspired doors are built in original craft. That means built in the same hand and materials that Lavirotte used over a century ago. This makes for a unique, fine art quality product that is built to investment standards with future antiquity value. These doors are not machine made, mass produced, of made using any kind of fast process. This means that your custom door will be built by the hands of our master craftsmen, all while under the supervision of world renowned artist and designer H.J. Nick.
Not only are our doors build individually by the hand of master craftsmen, but are also constructed from only the highest quality, all natural materials. This includes full length, naturally air dried, American timber, energy efficient, dual pane glass, and solid blacksmith forged, wrought iron hardware. That means that all of our ironwork is built by the hand of classically trained blacksmiths, using hammer and anvil over a coal fired forge. Furthermore, all of our custom doors are built using mortise and tenon joinery for construction that will stand the test of time.
Art Nouveau Wine Cellar Door Door Historical Inspiration
This Art Nouveau wine cellar door is artist H.J. Nick's modern interpretation of of one of Jules Lavirotte's most famous doors. Inspired by the door found at 3 Square Rapp in Paris, France, this modern, art nouveau style door is sure to turn some heads. Lavirotte, who is famous for his flamboyant, Art Nouveau style of architecture, built the original door and building in 1899.
Jules Lavirotte studied at the Ecole nationale superieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris, the most prestigious art school in France. His building at 3 Square Rapp is an unusual mixture of architectural pieces including a turret and individually styled balconies where no two are the same. His whimsical approach to the wrought ironwork on all of his buildings is well known and he included that ironwork in his doors. The flamboyance of the Art Nouveau style combined with his daring and intricate designs makes all of his work unique and recognizable.
We took that ironwork and art nouveau style of his door and adapted it to a more modern doorway shape and size while keeping the inspiration in the forefront. Our master blacksmiths created the delicate curly cues without making them overbearing, letting the flow of the door lead your eye. The hand forged door pulls fit seamlessly into the swirls of the door and our carvers' work. Celebrate your whimsical side and being a little bit of Paris home with you with this door as the grand entrance to your home.
Read More About Jules Lavirotte At: Jules Lavirotte Wikipedia
Art Nouveau Wine Cellar Door Info
- Size - any size door, shape, structural jamb
- Style - wood, design, hand carvings, decorative accents
- Panels - windows, grills, door straps, inlays, clavos, sidelights
- Glass - stained, thermal, energy efficient, decorative, protective
- Hardware - hand forged wrought iron handles, latches, hinges, grills
- Finishes - over 400 standard colors of hand applied stains and finishes or color match
- Learn more about our custom doors
- American hand made solid wood doors
- Available in any wood types, stain and patina finishes
- Solid, full length timber, air dried (never kiln dried) timber
- Custom solid wood door, handcrafted using mortise and tenon joinery
- Pre-hung structural 3" thick door jamb with 1" seal face stop (double thermal seal)
- Self-closing, heavy duty tension adjustable hinges
- Adjustable tension roller style door latch closure
- Self-lifting, heavy duty mechanical door sweep
- Heavy duty, crush proof threshold with adjustable saddle
- Hand rubbed, 10 process finish on all custom wood doors
- Solid hand forged wrought iron hardware - no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft - not reproduction
- Order any size or style doors custom designed for your residential or commercial space
- Available in solid wood front doors, hand carved panels, glass or portal windows
- All custom doors are guaranteed forever - backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of custom doors, door hardware, iron gates, and designer furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Featuring designs by H.J. Nick, we have been designing and building some of the world's finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Most of our clients want a furnishing that has a big WOW factor and timeless elegance. They all want investment value furnishings that make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of the environment for which the designer custom furnishings are intended. Our master level craftsmanship ensures your custom wrought iron gates and furnishings will stand the test of time, and are guaranteed forever, backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship.
Doors Custom Built The Old Fashioned Way
"When Everything Made In America Was Built To Last Forever"
And Craftsmen Were Proud To Sign Their Work
Order Any Size Or Style - We Can Help You To Design Your Dream Custom Doors - At No Extra Cost