The drum embodies a power that some believe can alter the world. Our Native American Drum Head Hand Made Chandelier is a combination of master craftsmanship and the history that makes drums such an important aspect of Native American culture. Hand crafted with a genuine Arapaho ceremonial rawhide bottom and exotic cedar, this Custom Ceiling Lighting has been created by our dedicated artisans to be a true work of art.
Lighting Custom Made to Enhance Your Rustic or Southwestern Theme
The drum is a sacred symbol to Native Americans that is believed to have the power to influence the elements, communicate with the spirit world, and even heal sickness. Considered to be humanity?s first musical instrument, the oldest drum found in the Americas dates back to 700 CE, though they?ve been used for ceremonies much longer than that. Many styles exist including single head, double-head, and water drums that are used and played in a variety of ways.
Add a Hand Made Chandelier to Your Unique Home
Our Custom Ceiling lighting is built with the same care as a real Native American drum and serves as an example of crafted designer art. The drum chandelier features a twin arrow design that is heat branded into the rawhide diffuser. This branding process ensures that the image becomes permanent and will never fade or rub away. The diffuser itself is hand tied with lace grade rawhide and the wood is quality exotic cedar, put together with mortise and tenon joinery by our master craftsmen.
The cedar is finished with five coats of hand rubbed, clear lacquer to retain its superior color and quality. Your Hand Made Chandelier is UL listed and hangs by a decorative ceiling canopy and includes hand forged iron arrow hangers. Custom built to order, you can choose any size with any image or design.
- McKosato, Harlan. (2009, July) Drums: Heartbeat of Mother Earth. Native Peoples Magazine. Retrieved from http://www.nativepeoples.com/Native-Peoples/July-August-2009/Drums-Heartbeat-of-Mother-Earth/
Created the old fashioned way
“when everything made in America was built to last forever”
and craftsmen were proud to sign their work.
Hand Made Chandelier Options:
- Customize the size, shape, and number of lights
- Choose the metal, design, shape, and decorative accents
- A variety of hand applied patina finishes are available
- Shades can be rawhide, decorative, frosted, or clear glass
- Learn about our custom lighting, which we?ve been designing for decades
Features of Our Custom Ceiling Lighting:
- 100% American made
- Solid hand forged wrought iron – no hollow iron or fake castings
- Built in the original craft – not a reproduction
- Hand applied, heat cured patina finish
- Guaranteed forever – backed by over a century of fine craftsmanship
Custom Floor Lamps, Hand Made Chandeliers, and Lighting Custom Made by ArtFactory.com
ArtFactory.com is an American manufacturer of handmade custom lighting, doors, gates, and furniture based in Scottsdale, Arizona. The founder H.J. Nick has been designing and building some of the world’s finest furnishings, all hand crafted in America, since 1913. Our clients look for that standout piece that also captures timeless elegance. We pride ourselves in creating the finest investment value furnishings available so our clients can make a proper statement reflecting their personality, or the personality of their environment. Call us now to discuss your designer lighting ideas 1-800-292-0008.